$Id$ How to set up MBSE for ISDN. (J. Beekhuizen, 2:280/1018) Of course, you have to configure and build your kernel for ISDN support and the correct drivers for your card. It is beyond the scope of this document to explain how to do that. To your /etc/inittab file add the following lines for your ISDN devices ttyI0 and ttyI1. # ISDN lines I1:23:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/mgetty -x 4 -i /opt/mbse/etc/issue ttyI0 I2:23:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/mgetty -x 4 -i /opt/mbse/etc/issue ttyI1 To your mgetty.config file [/usr/local/etc/mgetty_sendfax/mgetty.config on my system] set up the ttyI0 and ttyI1 ports. With AT&E you set the MSN/EAZ the device should listen to. This should for an MSN be your telephone number _with_ the area code but _without_ the leading 0. For an EAZ the last digit of your EAZ. # The ISDN ports port ttyI0 modem-type data init-chat "" ATZ OK AT&E714015437&W0 OK AT&B512 OK port ttyI1 modem-type data init-chat "" ATZ OK AT&E714017198&W0 OK AT&B512 OK From the mbsetup menu #5 "Edit Modem types" configure the ISDN modem type. Modem type ISDN Linux Init string ATZ\r Init string Init string OK string OK Hangup \d\p\p\p+++\d\p\p\pATH0\r Info command ATI2\r Dial command ATD\T\r Connect CONNECT 64000 Connect CONNECT [...] Reset cmd ATZ\r Error string BUSY Error string NO CARRIER Error string NO DIALTONE Error string NO ANSWER Error string RING\r Error string ERROR Error string Error string Error string Error string Cost offset 0 EMSI speed 28800 ! not relevant for ISDN Strip dashes No Available Yes And from #6 "Edit TTY lines info" the ISDN lines TTY name ISDN Line 1 Device name ttyI0 Phone or DNS 31-71-4015437 Line speed 64 kbits Fido flags CM,XA,MO,X75 Equipment ISDN Available Yes Auth. log No Honor ZMH Yes Callout Yes Modem type ISDN Linux Locked speed 0 ! not relevant for ISDN EMSI name The Wizard's ISDN line 1 TTY name ISDN Line 2 Device name ttyI1 Phone or DNS 31-71-4017198 Line speed 64 kbits Fido flags CM,XA,MO,X75 Equipment ISDN Available Yes Auth. log No Honor ZMH Yes Callout Yes Modem type ISDN Linux Locked speed 0 EMSI name The Wizard's ISDN line 2 T-t-that's all folks :))